How to Clean The Windshield: And Become A Pro At It!
We wouldn’t drive our cars with a blindfold. Therefore, it’s best not to go with a dirty windshield. Your windshield keeps some nasty things like bugs, grease, and dirt out of your view but gets dirty doing so.
Eventually, you will have to clean your auto glass, whether it’s brand installed or you just got a new car. But not only that. You want to get it right, so there are fewer chances to provoke cracks and chips when you do. Knowing how to clean the windshield also aids other components to do their job, like the wipers, and you drive more safely.
We’ll show you how to clean the windshield from A to Z in this guide. Once you finish it, you will be a pro at cleaning the windshield!
Before knowing how to clean the windshield, you need to gather your supplies. We will help you select them from the range of auto glass care options.
First is the tool. Choosing one depends on the specific task you are doing:
- A windshield cleaning tool, also known as a brush, is perfect for cars and small to medium trucks. The handle helps with hard-to-reach areas and corners. The brush part itself consists of reusable microfiber cloths that prevent any damage. You can use them for washing and drying from time to time.
- Squeegees are another popular choice. They not only work for windshield glass but other glass surfaces. They don’t leave any streaks, and some of them are heavy-duty to remove insects from your windshield.
- Microfiber cloths are simple but won’t damage your auto glass. Using a fabric never goes wrong, especially if you are learning how to clean the windshield. If you have a small car or want to save some money, you are good to go with one.
- Razors are not for regular maintenance, but if you ever have to remove a sticker and such, it is the tool of choice.
A tool alone isn’t enough to do the job, and that is why windshield cleaning solutions exist. Selecting a safe one is critical for knowing how to clean the windshield correctly. Apart from different brands, you can also DIY windshield cleaners, so here are a few tips for selecting the best auto glass cleaner:
- If you opt for store-bought auto glass cleaners, make sure they are specialized for your windshield. They will remove harsh contaminants better but prevent damaging the windows due to ammonia.
- You can also DIY your cleaning solution for a cheaper alternative. Just make sure the formula is entirely safe for your windshield. The most popular recipe consists of distilled water, vinegar, and isopropyl alcohol.